1. Figure out what your ‘perfect home’ looks like • Make a list of the things you must have in your new home • Things that would be nice to have • Things that don’t really matter 2. Purchase a home that stays in budget • Make sure to get pre-approved for a loan before going out to look at houses. • It will make the buying process much easier • You will know which houses to look at. 3. Bigger isn’t always better • While we all dream of having a huge mansion, but what about maintaining that mansion? • Figure out how many rooms you need to fit your family in comfortably • Look in that range. 4. Think about remodeling or building • Many homes you will look at may not be in the best condition, but they are the right size • Think about the potential of the house. • Would painting and new wood floors turn it into your dream house? • How about a kitchen or bathroom remodel? • There are many easy fix-ups such as adding new light fixtures and painting that can turn your house into theperfect home. • Or maybe you just don’t want to spend all that money and time into fixing something up.. you may want to think about having your dream home built so you can get just what you want. We can help with that. 5. Location is important • Check the surrounding area of the home. • Drive around the 2 mile radius to see what is around your home. • Make sure it is in an area you feel comfortable with. • Find out what school district you’ll be in. • Even if you don’t have kids, you may want to think about the school district you live in for resale. • You may also want to take the commute to your work and see how long it will take you. 6. Do your research • Research property values in the area. • Stalk your neighborhood and find out what it’s like at all times of the day. • Is it a family friendly neighborhood? • You could even knock on the neighbors doors before buying.
7. Do a home inspection
• The home inspector will look at everything in a home and give you a non-bias opinion.
• It’s better to spend a couple hundred dollars doing a home inspection then finding out the house has severalproblems.
• Average home inspection will normally find about 20 things to be aware of.
8. Picture your family living in the house
• When you walk into the home, can you picture your family living there?
• Does it have a good feeling?
• Picture your family living in each room and see you how feel.
9. Leave room to grow
• Make sure your ‘perfect home’ has extra storage and gives you room to grow.
10. Don’t put your expectations too high
• Realize that most houses aren’t perfect to begin with.
• Even if you are building your dream home, there are always things that could have been different.
• Be flexible, Once you move in and add your own style it will soon become your dream home.
So let’s hear it… what tips do you have for finding the perfect home? We would love to hear from you, you can email us at email@example.com or call us at 541-408-6333! Let us help.. we know the area, the neighborhoods, the values.