Buying Land & Building a House What we call a PreSold.
• You find An Existing home won’t work.
• Or you are Tired of competing for highly desired homes
• Don't want an older house. Have Certain Specific Needs
How much does it cost to buy land and build a house?
• The cost of land varies, size of the lot, where you live and if there’s existing structure
• Negotiate your land and know the market. Lots in C.O $25k to over a Million
• Structure with all inclusive $125 – $500sf.
• Wrap a construction loan into the land loan… find the right lender. We can recommend.
Options for a brand-new house. Have a vision…
• Decide on what you need/want in a home – have an idea about the house. Single story,
two story, basement, how many square feet, bedrooms, bathrooms.
1.Hire a team of professionals.
• Assemble your team even before you’ve purchased the land actually saves you money
and you will know if it fits your budget from the beginning.
• Your team will likely include a Real Estate broker, Lender, designer/ builder
2.Look for land – that fits your need.
• can be a simple process –do your due diligence.
• zoning, grade of land – how level is the property? soil quality? All rocks? Other details
house may need.
• Even if there’s an existing mobile or old home on the property, cost to tear down –
advantages if rural – power to it, well already, etc.
• We as can help with the due diligence process.
• What is needed…utilities, Septic System, A well or sewer & water hookup fees – (SDC)
System Development Charges.
3.Choose your home a Custom-Design or existing plan
• With vacant land, you’re free to build your own house…. May be restrictions…
• Have your Builder and Broker Check and help with municipality approvals, possible
CC&Rs that effect size and placement of the structure and confirm that the home plans
meets local zoning and code ordinances.
• Choose your finishes and colors.
4. Let the construction begin
• timeline flexible.
• hiccups .. weather events, don’t go into a home construction project with an
expectation that it’ll be done on time.
• the builder can maybe give you a target month. Later in the process, estimates of the
completion date get more precise.